Thinking about applying to medical school, dental school, or other professional programs? Wondering if your GPA is competitive, if you have enough clinical hours, or what you should do this summer? Attend the Health Programs Expo on Monday, February 25 from 2:00-5:00pm in the PMU North and South Ballrooms! This is your chance to talk with admissions representatives of over 70 health professional programs including medical, dental, physician assistant, physical and occupational therapy, optometry, public health, chiropractic, podiatry, pharmacy, nursing, veterinary medicine, post-baccalaureate programs, and more.
Why should I attend?
* To learn more about programs you might apply to in the future
* To talk to admissions reps about what you should be doing now to become a competitive applicant to their program
* To ask specific questions about concerns with your own application (GPA, aptitude test score, gap year, healthcare experience, prerequisite coursework concerns, etc.)
* To network with admissions reps
* To ensure the event continues for future Purdue pre-health students. Strong student turnout will encourage professional programs to return for future events.
* Get the scoop from current medical students on what professional school is really like
* Free popcorn!
Do I need to wear a suit and bring a resume?
* No! This is an informational event, not a career fair. Come as you are.
* Do consider bringing a pen and notepad to make notes about the programs you discover.
Do I have to come for the entire event?
* No! Show up anytime between 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Stay as long as your schedule permits.
I’m a first year or second year student. Should I attend?
* Absolutely! It’s never too soon to learn about your options for professional school and to get advice directly from admissions representatives.
The Health Programs Expo will be held on Monday, February 25 from 2-5PM in the PMU North and South Ballrooms. Visit the Pre-Professional Advising website for a list of participating programs. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.