The CCO works with Purdue students and alumni across campus on all career-related matters in a variety of ways, and uses a career decision-making model to guide students with their career exploration process.
Our philosophy is to encourage students to take the initiative for their own career planning. Here are some ways in which you can better prepare for your appointment.
We invite you to reflect and make notes on at least one of the following prompts, and plan to discuss them during your appointment. Your notes can be as detailed or as brief as you want!
1. What motivated you to schedule a CCO appointment?
2. How would you describe your current career exploration situation? What is one thing you wish you could change about it?
3. What do you hope to get out of this upcoming meeting with a CCO Consultant?
4. What do others compliment you on?
5. What academic majors/careers interest you?
6. Make a list of hobbies you enjoy or things that energize you.
7. Describe what would it look like if a miracle occurred, and you achieved your career goal.
We’re so glad you've made the appointment and we're looking forward to working with you! Please check in at the Front Desk in YONG 132 when you arrive for your appointment.